The sun is shining, burgers are on the BBQ, and it’s almost time for Fireworks. All of this makes for a great summer day in Portland, but there is one potential fire danger that we should all be aware of. Our trees pose a fire hazard especially on the 4th of July. Fuel Ladder is a common firefighter term that allows a fire to climb landscape. Here are a few tips to help prevent fires happening to your landscape this summer.
- Remove dead or dying trees and shrubs
- Keep your landscape hydrated and green
- Keep up with routine yard maintenance
- Aim for simple landscapes
- Prune deadwood
- Prune trees and shrubs away from structures
- Water your trees, shrubs and grass before lighting fireworks
- Immediately put used fireworks in water
Feel free to give us a call today to have your trees and shrubs evaluated by a certified Arborist 503-465-2133.